Translate

Sunday 17 February 2013

More About British Columbia's OWLS



When, two weeks ago, the little Pygmy Owl landed on the topmost branch of our Douglas Fir I realized that there was a very similar photo of its cousin, Northern Hawk Owl in my older files. I decided to put the two together, trying to scale the sizes the best I could using the Adobe Photoshop CS4 
(I know, it is an older version but my CS4 and I have been together for a while and to part with such a great friend for a new fling? Hard.)
Since the birds sat on the same tree it was a fun job and I really like the result. They look so cozy together; never mind that the bigger one would love to have the little guy for breakfast any time.



I then dug out the other owl photos and tried to scale them according to the numbers that other people published in Wikipedia. Great fun although I am not sure how accurate I am - in any case we get an idea.
 (And I believe that I am close)

Same design and function in many different sizes. Whoooo said that life was boring?





Of course there are many more owl species in British Columbia. One day I hope to add more images to this small collection. For now, it is just great to know that they are there.

No comments:

Post a Comment